Gouldians started dancing and you know the rest.

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Rojoberry

Has anyone else noticed that their Gouldians have started courting and nest with vigar? Yet we are approaching the end of the season.
My birds started early like a frieght train then just stopped and now there bouncing around the aviaries ready to go again dacing and frantically using as much nesting material I can provide?
mickenglish

My red faces have a couple about to fledge but that is hopefully the end of it for the season. The black faces have weaned 6 and for a little while he was doing the dance but they have not gone back into a nest thankfully.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine have finally come to a dead halt after the last few young fledged at the end of June. I removed much of the nesting material yesterday, and there was zero courting or nest building today.
matcho

I am noticing the first couple or clutches with uncoloured males starting to dance. Just the testosterone kicking in. Otherwise the coloured birds are still feeding chicks but haven't seen much dancing. The boys can dance all they like, after all, it's the girls that call the shots in all walks of life! :lol:
starman

One pair still sitting, another pair has just thrown their eggs, and the others appear to have shut down.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
CathyCraftz

Don't give them too much nesting material though. Some finches can be over zealous nest builders and will just keep filling the nest with nesting material, which may lead to chicks and eggs getting pushed out easily. As their owner you need to stop providing nesting material when you see fit.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not usually a problem with Gouldians. Most are very lazy builders, with the rare exception. While Zebras are more the other way and overstuff nests. Just remove overstuffed nests, carefully remove eggs, take out bottom half of stuffing, and replace eggs.
LML
LML

Return to “The Lounge”