Willy Wagtail Stole my Maggots

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Norto

This morning my young fella went into the shed to get the maggots off the top of the flybox to go and feed the birds and alas there was a Willy wagtail helping himself to the lot. :wtf: :wtf:

What i normally do is get the maggots ready in the morning before I go to work and then my young blokes feed the birds as it's dark when I leave....looks like I'll have to remember to shut the shed door on my way out.

And just because I like Willy Wagtails I'll start leaving him some out too I think. :thumbup:

Norto
Craig52

Love it :lol: , put a flyscreen door on your shed. You can pick them up from your local council recycle depot
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lots of people feed Willy Wagtails. You appartently needed a hint from your local resident to understand that this was your job.
LML
LML
Norto

Craig52 wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:22 Love it :lol: , put a flyscreen door on your shed. You can pick them up from your local council recycle depot
Yep looks like I'll have to.
Norto
Norto

finchbreeder wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:56 Lots of people feed Willy Wagtails. You appartently needed a hint from your local resident to understand that this was your job.
LML
Yep and he was none too subtle about it either.

Norto
Alf63

My Wagtails wait at my shed door everyday for their mealworms. Let me know if I am late by meeting me at the back door of the house.
mickenglish

I had a wagtail coming around twice daily for a handout of mealies, then about a week ago he stopped turning up. I hope that he has just had a better offer closer to his nest but I fear that a cat may have nabbed him.
wagga

They are great fly catchers and will eat any accidental escapees from the fly box. They soon learn your feed out routine and will return each day at around the same time of day.
Life in Port Macquarie is the ultimate Aussie sea change lifestyle.
matcho

I leave out a small amount of seed each morning and have the local Crested Pigeons and Spotted Doves (about 20) pop in each morning for a visit. Good to have birds on both sides of the wire in the backyard. Thought I may have a problem last week when the local Little Corellas found the bounty but that only lasted a day or two and haven't seen them since.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Matcho - if the Corellas left someone else must be being more generous.
Where the son lives, one neighbour verticut the front lawn, next morning half a dozen Corellas grubbing through it. So another neighbour thinks this is great and puts out seed. Numbers rapidly grow to 2 dozen and he quits putting out the seed.
LML
LML

Return to “The Lounge”