PETA Articles - Absolute Rubbish

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
noah.till

Really, I don't think PETA are even worthy for discussion
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
Justdave

They are at best a crackpot, quasi political organisation of irrational clowns who create fictional outrage to generate profile and income from other irrational people.

There articles will never make a lick of difference to the real world, where the rest of us rational folks live 😉
JustPerching

PETA are ideologically opposed to keeping pets whatever they may claim, this is their bottom line. They will try & downplay this to try & concentrate on 'welfare' issues even where organisations already exist in a country to cover these issues. For example in the UK we already have the RSPCA to deal with welfare issues yet PETA try to move into the UK from the US.

Bird breeders are a target because they breed more pets. They are US sponsored & very well funded & should be opposed on principle. Do not underestimate the resources they can bring to bear, they will try & split the pet trade fish/reptiles/birds/cats/dogs etc whatever the line of least resistance.
Rod_L

We have the RSPCA in Australia and the Americans have their own version too.

Whilst I understand their points and even agree with some, pets should be allowed. If we could keep native animals, so many species would not be endangered due to habitat destruction and other things people do. I would love some quolls and they sure beat the hell out of a cat when it comes to colour, attitude, personality, etc. I would like a few dingos too but nope, not allowed to keep them. The government is quite happy to let people shoot them but we can't have them as pets.

If people were allowed to keep the Thylacine, it probably wouldn't be extinct now.
death to all cats & ants
Brisbane_Finches_333

Well, what I'm worried about comes in the instance of Sea World and their captive dolphins. About 10-20 years ago, the majority of the public were absolutely fine with the captive dolphins at Sea World, but since PETA and other organizations have been running campaigns to inform the public, support for their organization has grown massively, and more and more people (including Tripadvisor) are boycotting sea world. This, however, is what I fear will happen to bird breeding, organizations such as PETA will spew out false information in a massive campaign and people will turn away from bird breeders.
Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner

Return to “The Lounge”