Green Panic grass

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
collector_and_buyer

Are there any members on here that live in Toowoomba or surrounds that would know where i could get some green panic plants.My wife is coming up this weekend and we have a friend that could dig some up for me.I am pretty sure it grows there,i know it grows on the side of the road on the way up.Many thanks Dale.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now I would just dig a few up from the side of the road if it was me. And I am a lady fincho. Then I would plant them in pots, cut them back, and once the new growth came, feed them to my finches. This takes care of excess exhaust gases that may or may not be on the plants, and gives me peace of mind.
LML
LML
collector_and_buyer

Yes,that is my intention.If i can get some smaller plants,i will transfer into some pots and grow them on.I will not be with my wife and she can't get them as she has just had major surgery and is still recovering.Digging is certainly not on the menu.My friend in Toowoomba can dig some if anybody knows where some is.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fair enough. Hope someone closer can help you.
LML
LML
noah.till

Hey mate
Head out of Toowoomba towards Cooby Dam (Head towards the boat ramp area, not the Picnic area) and all along the sides of the road there now is Green Panic and Couch (I live just up the road from there and I use the same stuff)
Cheers
Noah Till
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
collector_and_buyer

Thanks Noah,she is in Toowoomba now.My mate and her might be able to get out there for a look.
noah.till

Rightio, still plenty here for everyone
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
arthur

Strangely for a plants that border on weed status, Green Panic and Guinea Grass can sometimes be a bit on the difficult side to transplant

When you pot your prize, over-water rather than under-water, and you should be OK
Brisbane_Finches_333

I was quite dismayed when I saw a big yellow sign outside my local bushland saying "WEED SPRAYING IN PROGRESS", I was going to transplant some new shoots of Guinea Grass and lantana but that means I can't, and no more seeding grass for the birds (they'll have to live off my frozen supply for winter now).
Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner
Craig52

If you could see my front and backyard it is overgrown with green panic, green panic veldt, guinea grass and green November grass (swamp grass) that is all seeding profusely and no birds to feed it to. With my health and the recent loss of my wife i have really let things go including lawns and gardens but what has grown is a finch breeders paradise.
With this pandemic and not being able to travel, i might just start harvesting the seed to freeze and get back into breeding finches if i can get a good dry finch mix. I don't intend to go back into specializing in one specie of finch like i did for the last 15 years as that really did my head in but instead have a mixture of my favourite finches including mutations.
If anyone in the Geelong area wants some guinea grass plants they are here for the taking. Cheers Craig

Return to “The Lounge”