Companies and Governments over-reacting to racism

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Rod_L

Facebook is the latest company that is over-reacting to comments made about people's colour. They are cancelling accounts for saying things like:
"get over it, other people have had a hard life too"
"your not the only ones who have been targeted by Police"
"what colour were the alleged offenders?"

Congratulations to all the people and companies over-reacting to one black person being killed by a Police officer in America. I agree that cop overstepped his authority, but this is getting out of control. People all over the world are using this one incident to riot and breach emergency pandemic laws, and they are vandalising stuff in the name of racial inequity. And companies are going completely overboard trying to show the black community their anti-racist views. Councils in some parts of the US are even talking about getting rid of the Police Departments.

The boffins have censored and removed movies and television shows because they were allegedly offensive. They removed a character (Police dog) from a children's cartoon (Paw Patrol). They are now censoring social media. This is too much.

If children can't see and relate to a cartoon Police dog, and governments get rid of Police Departments, who are the kids meant to go to if they need help?
When I was a kid I was taught to ask a Police officer for help if I was in trouble. But the television stations are making it so the Police are bad guys and shouldn't be trusted. And removing a cartoon Police dog, well that is just stupid.

Where will this end?

Will I get arrested for walking down the street and saying black person, or white person, or brown person?

How are we meant to describe suspects to the Police? mm, he was black, no that is offensive. He wasn't white, nope. He was coloured, what colour?

Yes there are problems with racism & discrimination. But fair go, cancelling social media accounts for asking what color some criminals were (and they were criminals), and removing children's television shows, really?

It's time to change racial inequity, but you can't go overboard and cancel anything and everything related to colour or the Police.

What do other people think about this?
death to all cats & ants
Storz

We are all frustrated with the way the world is moving at the moment one way or the other, but this is an excellent finch forum that provides us with a platform to discuss and solve problems with our birds, it gives me and I am sure others tremendous enjoyment reading and learning and as such I for one would not like to see this site degenerate into a political site
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All it takes is a decission by each and every person to treat each and every person as they would wish to be treated. Politics can get decissive. Finches are all possitive.
LML
LML
Craig52

Yes this Forum, page is for anything as stated in the index page but i will keep a close eye on the comments made and take discisage action if it goes over the line no matter what is said or what i believe in.
Craig.
noah.till

A lot of these events have got a lot to do with sympathy and empathy I believe, and people just getting too carried away
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and during my life I don't give much of a damn for what people think......but the people that try to influence their opinions onto other people through drastic measures is where big problems occur
I still remember the time a couple years back, a young Indigenous bloke got beatin in child detention for 'No reason'.......until people realised that the police beat him out of anger for doing something horrible to a 14 year old girl.........

In the local shopping district, a numbers of Police have been walking around saying G'day to young kids and family's which I think its good

Just people with the right motives, but taking it too far where instead they could do a whole lot more better by acting civilised and taking it to the courts and inventing appropriate management strategies

Thats my two cents worth......we all have opinions
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project

Return to “The Lounge”