Import Ban Lift Proposal

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
mr skeeter

i couldn't agree more but its alright to import pigeons, chooks, and other animals into australia without new blood lines coming into our finch and parrot breeding programs some of these species will disappear and might be lost for ever, we have had a breeding program here to establish the red siskin and send them back to help build there numbers back to south america venezuelan if done in a correct manner and quarantined for the correct amount of time i can't see why we can't pursue this issue further, i applaud the federal government for there understanding regarding our concerns. i can only hope once the corona virus is over we can take this matter up with the governing body, cheers mickt
Craig52

Red Siskins are foreign birds, we have always been able to export foreign birds. We nearly lost our RF parrot finches, Cubans and others. Many finches like green stawberries went out of the country due to greed, big bucks.
You can't use Red Siskins as a pawn to get birds back in but i'm damn sure Sam Davis will play a big part fighting Politics and Birds Australia.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mr S is right. One way traffic is not good for Aussie breeders.
LML
LML
mr skeeter

Gday craig im not using the Red Skiskin as as a pawn I'm just using them as an example as to what can be achieved with by experienced bird breeders. you only have to look at some of the birds that maybe struggling at the moment i.e. blue caps, orange cheeks, yellow wing pytillias,just name a few due no new blood lines. I see they have just imported some Labradors for the seeing eye so they could ad new blood into there program which is no different to what bird breeders want to achieve to keep our breeding strong,
noah.till

That Daniel from Priam Psittaculture Center imported a Red fronted macaw hen and exported a pair of Glossy Blacks to Germany a couple months back.........
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
Loz_82

I maybe wrong but I think you will find that Priam Psittaculture Center is classed under the Zoo's banned and are allowed to import/export with consent
noah.till

Good point, they may be under that category indeed
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project

Return to “The Lounge”