Fairfield Bird sale 2021

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
elferoz777

Wow what a great day.

First sale I have been to in a while and it did not disappoint.

Sold 10 budgies, 1 yellow siskin, 1 Goldfinch mule and 15 canaries. Ended up giving three budgies away to a little girl who lost hers recently. Her mother wanted them all but couldn't afford them so I did a three for the price of one deal. Mum seemed stoked the little girl contained herself.

Didn't get to buy everything I wanted though I didn't really needs anything. I got some longtails only just missing out on the pearl pair that were right next to me the whole morning. Parrot finches were overpriced at $240 a pair for sea green pieds......same for red faced pieds in some cases.

Saw some Orange cheeked waxbills ....I think he said $ 600 a pair? cant remember. They looked great, very tiny finch they are.

Watch some bloke throw down on a colony of javas which seemed a good buy.

Got my FTC seed, bacon and egg roll then hit the road. Should have taken photos now I think of it.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Craig52

Great review thanks. :thumbup:
karlisa

yeah i went too and that was my first ever bird sale as i work sundays so always miss out,but anyway wow alright !!! there were so many sellers and buyers there ,i was in my element, my eyes were sore from all the looking lol...i managed to buy a few birds but ran out of money real fast so headed home.i did however get duped as one of the nuns i bought which was by itself turned out it cant fly at all,im sure the seller wouldve known that when he caught it up to take it to the sale.anyway, i loved it and would certainly go again,was a great day !!
elferoz777

karlisa wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:27 yeah i went too and that was my first ever bird sale as i work sundays so always miss out,but anyway wow alright !!! there were so many sellers and buyers there ,i was in my element, my eyes were sore from all the looking lol...i managed to buy a few birds but ran out of money real fast so headed home.i did however get duped as one of the nuns i bought which was by itself turned out it cant fly at all,im sure the seller wouldve known that when he caught it up to take it to the sale.anyway, i loved it and would certainly go again,was a great day !!

You get that. there are some real great people out there and some real grubs.

also, some birds get hurt in transit so lets hope that was the case moreso than you were sold a lemon.

I deliberately leave my wallet in the car and only buy with the money I make from selling....otherwise I would makes some really bad decisions
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
karlisa

yes im glad i didnt bring more money than i did or id do the same lol
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have had birds get their wings hurt when being caught, and all good within 3 or 4 days. But had a non flyer thrown into a 3 for the price of 2 deal - and he had to have known. Not complaining, just aware that a bargain fequently isn't. The legs showed that they were none of them young.
LML

Return to “The Lounge”