New birds coming from airport

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can you write a letter to customs about this ...it sounds ridiculous for birds just travelling from NSW to Vic ... I know WA has strict quaranteen laws but never heard of Vic or NSW being like this.....sounds like overkill to me and yes those poor little birds ...hope they bounce back and are ok ....
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Page0044

I never heard of this happening before, maybe worth a follow up to see what the rules are for future
Cheers
Greg
gomer

I assume it was customs.The bloke i got the birds off said it was the second time this has happened to him.Maybe its got something to do with the seed?I will be leaving the light on all night with a towell up one end for them to sleep.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
fincher

yes WA has strict quarentine rules. when i got some birds in from Qld when i went to pick them up they said you could either leave the seed in and bag it when you get home and drop it of back at a quarentine bin or get it out there and then at the place i decided to do it there and then wich only took a couple second. weve never had any probs atr work with getting birds from east just have to bag the seed up and next time drop it to the bin.
thanks chris
brad359

yes in wa you need import permit to get birds in , export permit to send birds out.
no seed or plant material water is ok.
need to book customs officer to be their 1/2 hour after flight has landed.
also recommend not to bring birds in on Fridays as if delayed to evening customs will not check birds till 1 oclock sat as have standing booking to check Indian Pacific train first learned the hard way

Return to “The Lounge”