Mango tree

List what type of plants you keep in your aviaries/cages
Jeff

Hi all, I’m building a 12m square odd shaped aviary to house my colony of yellow rumps in. There’s an old mango tree I cut down that’s in the guts of it. It looks great but wondering if there’d be an issue with mango and finches. I think it would be ok, just want reassurance. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks an interesting shape. Hope you have those foundations down 600/700mm to keep the rodents out. Good luck with the build.
LML
Rod_L

Most plants and trees are fine for finches as long as they aren't known to be poisonous. As far as I know mango trees are not poisonous. Check the sap by breaking a leaf. If it produces white runny sap, it could be a problem. But finches don't normally chew trees so should be ok.
death to all cats & ants
elferoz777

could you lay mouse wire down before filling the flooring in?

That will keep the vermin away.

Mango will be ok for now but in 5-10 yrs it will grow quite big. There would be better trees to put in if the mango could be relocated as they are not very useful for the finches in terms of perching and nesting.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Types of plants”