"Biscuit" Yellow RFPF

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
JadeWelch

Hopefully this reply does not cause confusion. The parents of the bird in question are visually normal Red-faced Parrot Finches and they are unrelated. The parents of the pair that produced this interesting bird is only known for the hen. Her parents were a pied sea-green and a visually normal bird. Would be nice if it was a mutation that could be established. I guess time will tell. BTW the bird is believed to be a hen :)

Regards,
Jade
Joseph

Great to hear people are liking the parrot finch hoping more to come
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum Joseph and Jade. I think it is a safe bet to say we all look forward to the ongoing story of establishing this very pretty mutation/variation .
LML
LML
SamDavis

Joseph wrote:Great to hear people are liking the parrot finch hoping more to come
Welcome to AFF Joseph. :thumbup:
roma9009

Hi and welcome to the forum
SamDavis

JadeWelch wrote:Hopefully this reply does not cause confusion. The parents of the bird in question are visually normal Red-faced Parrot Finches and they are unrelated.
Unrelated parents, ok. Given she's a hen, now I'm thinking a sex-linked mutation - dad being split to yellow-face.
JadeWelch wrote:The parents of the pair that produced this interesting bird is only known for the hen. Her parents were a pied sea-green and a visually normal bird.
As the Mum is normal, on the balance of probabilities, one would suspect the yellow-face has come from the father and is a sex-linked mutation.
Does that make sense?
Joseph

Hi all and thanks for inviting me. I've just found two babies out of the nest from the the same parents of this yellow biscuit parrot finch.seems like the colouring on the babies are normal. should I use them as breeders as well? Thanks Joseph
roma9009

I would they may be splits
$bill

i could be wrong -but i'm not ;-) and you have a very rare and very valuable bird hopping about in that aviary of yours. ..........so if you look after it and all goes well EVER-ONE will be very happy :) and the end results will be good to you too :thumbup:
Craig52

Joseph wrote:Hi all and thanks for inviting me. I've just found two babies out of the nest from the the same parents of this yellow biscuit parrot finch.seems like the colouring on the babies are normal. should I use them as breeders as well? Thanks Joseph
If it is a sexlinked mutation and a normal cock bird has been mated to her the young cocks will be possibles but most likely split and the young hens will be normal as you can't get split hens you can only get young coloured hens if the normal looking father is split but you say he is not related so can't be split.
If it is SL mutation breed as many young as you can and separate any young cocks which will be split and breed to unrelated hens with one mating back to the mother to at least get a yellow cock bird. Once you have a yellow cock bird you can breed him to normal hens to produce yellow hens,normal hens and all young cocks will be splits.
If you are game enough you could put a young yellow cock to her and produce all yellow young to boost your yellow stock. Good luck. Craig :thumbup:

Return to “Mutation Finches”