"Biscuit" Yellow RFPF

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Joseph wrote:Hi Arthur
Yes got my Hands full for sure.
I'm going to have to redo my set up to suit this biscuit parrot Finch. But in the long run I think it's going to be a good thing.
Not just for him her but for its siblings and parents :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With any new mutation, the whole family becomes an assett. Though once the mode of inheritance is established, some may prove no longer necessary to this particular mutation. So then you can keep them for general breeding or sell them to pay for seed, or unrelated outcrosses.
LML
LML
Joseph

Hi all
Quick update on my yellow biscuit parrot finch.
I had an offer given to me for the bird as well as the rest of the genetic breed. I have taken the offer for the best of the breed. This guy is a big bird breeder who knows all the ins and outs of breeding as well as very equipped with all the necessary requirements to do the job right.
Thanks for the overwhelming interest and guidance from all club members

Joseph Zahra
Blue Cuban

Disappointing that you sold but once again the the evil of money seems to mark its presence.
I do hope you are recorded as the original breeder/owner and I really hope you kept some of the family for yourself and don't regret selling.
All the best.
Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
arthur

No criticism from me . . for buyer or seller

And best of luck to both :thumbup:
$bill

:lol: There you go! I was thinking of offering you a starter @ $3000 myself for the lot and take the risk. Not sure if that would have bought them BUT I always have reserves :lol: One must always move fast. Anyway boys don't despair you still have a chance with my new blue mutation gouldian ;-) and there will be a lot more than one!
elferoz777

bill if they can stay alive without heaters and an iv of meds you will sell heaps.......if they are the same as the other blue you may need to invest in some large holding aviaries. I hope you are on to a strong bird as it looks good.

This parrot finch is attractive. Personally I would have kept it and tried to establish it myself for the legacy value such a rare event would have.

I hope you got paid well. Personally I would have not taken less than $ 10 K to send that opportunity walking.

I guess at least you made sure it went to a good breeder.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Finchy

How can we keep in touch with this mutation now? Is this person a forum member, or could they be persuaded to join?

Whoever has these birds, I would just really like to stay in the loop as to how they are going and what is learned about them.

This is also important in case other examples of this mutation pop up in related birds held by others locally. It's critical that breeders know about each other.
$bill

I am not even into parrot finches and that 's a really nice looking bird. i'd say if it gets going it will be in big demand and a big price to boot :lol:

as for my gouldians will see what happens :lol: like all mutation -one never knows how long one has them for :lol: but the good news the parents are back on 11 eggs again. the bad I won't be around when they hatch or feed them so that's a minus :crazy:
Blue Cuban

Finchy don't stress they will go quiet for a little time then if they don't die (which I doubt they will) you'll hear how they are going because the new owner will want money, unfortunately we can't keep all the birds we breed.

Let's face it money is the only thing that drives mutations, they certainly don't do anything for the individual species.
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Mutation Finches”