What mutation is this or is it normal

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
alvin

These are all from the same parents
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

Without knowing what mutations your birds are carrying it is impossible to know, maybe ADB or cinnamon or what Sbill called them i can't remember. The cock bird looks very seagreen blue but the last pic of the blue hen looks like a normal blue. The bird in the first pic is very soft feathered which tends to throw a different light on it imo. Cheers Craig
Tiaris

Top one looks normal to me.
Tiaris

The middle one is in very different light to the other two so very hard to make out if there is a difference unless the pics are taken in the same visual environment.
alvin

Due to not seeing many pictures or references of these other mutations, besides the light feathers on the wing ends and tail. I see slight differences among chicks in the nest, but when they leave the nest they pretty much all look the same. I believe the blue is mixed with all kinds of mutations nowadays, so one can expect anything. I only have the blue and Euro yellow in my aviaries and stay clear from the rest. I like the AY and Dilute but kept on their own not mixed with other mutations.
Tiaris

Its not just the blue mutation which has been mixed with everything else nowadays - all colour forms are mixed up pretty randomly. That's why it often takes a slightly forensic examination to work out what people have.
In the early eighties when most Gouldians in Australia were normals and a couple of mutations were just starting to be seen in smallish numbers, I remember an English bloke saying to me that eventually it will be like Europe where it is "bloody hard to find a normal bird and just as hard to find a mutation which isn't mixed up with various other mutations". I clearly remember thinking (naively) to myself that it will never come to that here. How things change with time. Progress??
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What are the parents? Just guessing that they are one each OH and BH and one each GB and BB? Any chance of a pic of the whole family together in the same setting?
LML
LML
alvin

Father - red head split black - pic
Mother - red head, split blue, green back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Makes sence when you look at the daughters. Dad is a nice looking bird. A couple more pics of the son might help someone work out what he is. Thanks for clarifying.
LML
LML
CathyCraftz

First one is a normal hen, second one couldn't tell because it had a lot of pin feathers, third one is a blue.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Mutation Finches”