sea green blue gouldians

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Lukecox

Hi guys,
Can any body please help me with the 2 cock birds in the photo.

I am told that these guys are sea green blue however I have never seen the blue and green combination on the back of a bird...

Would these guys carry the blue mutation but be a split blue bird?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Tino

Hi Lukecox you can have normal sea green in normal gouldian but they not split for blue mutation,but you can have sea green split to blue,so they become double split which carry the sea green and blue which will give nice colour off spring,back my day which I am breeding sea green split to blue I keep them and I was put them back to blue and bred dark form of blue also I find them when they are double split I find them weak and some are strong,but normal one find them strong and every nice one to breed with and also cross them back to the blue and normal one too,to get more of them,I hope this will help you,by the way I forgot to mention I did sent a number blue and split to Perth number year back from three of us guy down here in Melbourne and also I forgot to too ask the person you got them from did they come from blue mutation or normal gouldian,if he know or not it would help to define what your gouldian are. :thumbup:
Last edited by Mr Tino on 08 Jan 2018, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice looking birds. Was the supplier not able to advise if they are split for blue?
LML
LML
Lukecox

Thanks for the replies guys,

Yes I have been told that the birds are split blue. I was wondering if the sea green mutation allowed for a visual split blue as these birds have both green and blue feathers on their backs (majority green). I have been told that they were purchased from a breeder in Victoria :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like they could be some of Mr. T's, or decendants of same. Lucky you. :thumbup:
LML
LML
Mr Tino

Hi finchbreeder I have being sending blue gouldian and split too and some of the birds was carry the sea green in them I can’t remnber if it was last five year or six I have been dealing in your state they were buying them in as group buying from a birds club,if that help you. :thumbup:
BLUES

Is there any other Gouldian Breeders that have paired up with a sea green normal or split to blue this breeding season 2018 or previous seasons? Would be very interested to hear or contact from anyone having success.
Blue Cuban

Mr Tino can you please confirm the mode of inheritance for your so called split sea greens.

Cheers Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
Mr Tino

I have NO Time for you
Blue Cuban

Mr Tino wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 19:42 I have NO Time for you
:lol: :clap:
When a inheritance mode is confirmed with constant result being produced you can then start talking splits until then it's all useless misleading info you are sharing.

Rich..😉
Hobby finch Keeper

Return to “Mutation Finches”