Compatability

Includes Species Profile
Nova

Will BFPF co-exist in a planted avairy with Gouldians, African Fires, Double Bars, Orange Breasted, Painted Firetails, and Red cheeked Cordon Bleus? 1-2 prs of each species.
Diane

Ive found Blue face Parrot finches to be quite a shy bird when compared to the others you mention, preferring the bushes in the aviaries with the occasional forays to the front when fresh greens are available.
Ive had them in with African Fires, Orange Breasted, Painted Firetails and Gouldians, although it has been said they can hybridize with Gouldians.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
elferoz777

My goulds beat the crap out of my tcpf when I mixed them. Aviart was big just too.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Nova

How likely is it that they will breed with Gouldians? I was going to have 1 BFPF cock and BFPF hens.
My aviary will be 4m x 2.5m x 2m and will be planted. Will that provide enough space for them to not get too interested in each other? :o
Diane

Its probably more to do with the ratio of cocks to hens, if you have more BHPF hens than cocks that will give him plenty of hens to chase and keep his mind off gouldian hens. Just make sure you dont have any gouldian cocks without a partner.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Tiaris

PF/Gouldian hybrids are very rare considering how often they are housed together. I agree that extra cock BFs would possibly increase the chances.

Return to “Blue Faced Parrotfinches”