Cut Throats

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Bob Johnston

Hi everyone I have just purchased a pair of these finches, they will arrive tomorrow, is anyone keeping these on the forum and if so is there any advice they could give me, tia, Cheers Bob.
Mattyboy

Better housed with more rambunctious species. Can bully more passive types and steal nesting material.
finchey4

i breed cutthroats but in cages as they tend to bully other finches no matter how big,also keep a keen eye on females when breeding as the are prone to be eggbound and if not caught streight away will die.

joe
22 gouldians all colours,4 silver diamond firetails,6 star finches,12 zebras,bengalese all coulors.
GregH

Cut-throats do have a reputation as being agressive aviary mates but I have a single pair housed in a 4X2.5X2.3m aviary and they haven't been a problem with the other breeding cohabitants - zebs, stars, double bars and gouldians. It comes down to the individualt nature of the birds and competition for resources. If you have low density populations, plenty of nest spaces, materials and food you will get away with it but keep an eye on them.
Page0044

Welll i can't add any more then what has already be said, they are a nice looking bird, look forward to some pics when you have the time
Cheers
Greg

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”