willy wagtail

Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ok , what would be the general consensus be regard to the white in it wings. A nutritional disorder or pied ?
willy.jpg

2 years ago I got a pic on my phone camera which turned out crappy of another bird in the general area of this one, its wings were cinammon and its back was a washed out black to grey almost. It seems to be only one bird in about 50 we have on the golf course that has these white markings.... pete]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Redwing

My guess would be that if it was nutritional there would be more affected and that section of the river certainly supports a large population of willy wagtails. I counted about 20 in one small area while waiting for traffic light at the corner of Canning and Causeway just the other day.
Craig52

In my opinion the bird has just fluffed up some white feathers from under the wing from the flanks,looks good though. Craig
Pete Sara

Thats what I thought when I first saw it , it was like this still a couple of days later when I bought the camera with me...but you could be right .. wil try and find him on tuesday when i go back for golf...pete
Myzomela

You didn't happen to get a photo which showed its toenails did you?
I was just wondering if any were white or any pink on the feet which might support it being a pied?
Research; evaluate;observe;act
Pete Sara

he was very photo shy, but the minute you start up a mower and they get in your way, it took me 3 attempts to get that...

Return to “Anything else”