Red factor colouring

Finchman1

What do others use for red factor colouring.I have the liquid additive but have been told the powder form is better
natamambo

I have an unopened bottle if you want to buy it.

I use spirulina now, works wonders. Just mix it with the soft food.
Canary

Does the spirulina turn the bird red or improve the existing color?

Have you tried spirulina on a yellow canary? Does it turn a yellow canary red, which is not what I want to do, or just improve the color.

Has anyone else tried spiulina on yellow canaries, any breed, and what were the results.

I was thinking of trialling soem canaries on it this year to see what happens to theie color. I do not wish to color feed.
Myzomela

Spirulina is packed full of carotenoids and other factors which help with the bird's ability to produce the colours which it is genetically designed to produce.
It is not going to turn a yellow canary red unless you grossly overfeed it.

I have seen green-bodied finches (red & blue parrot finches) have their feathers develop a bronze sheen when given access to canthaxanthin treated water aimed at the red factor canaries in the same flight but they did not turn red!!
Research; evaluate;observe;act
JEWEL

I use Factor Red Colour Enhancer Concentrate by Passwell Pty Ltd on mine. Comes in a powder form of 100gm @ $75.00 ......Not cheap, but i used to use the liquid from the pet shop but my birds started losing their colour.
This stuff took my red factors back to the colour they were ( in my avatar ) when i originally first bought them. Very interested in the spirulina - isnt that green in color ? But being more natural, better for the birds in the long run.

Return to “Canaries”