King Quail Mutations

mackstaa

Yeah yeah mine eat from my hand as well since they were youngens...
Try sleeping outside one night and you will see what goes on. I did it (doghouse) and a lower number of pairs per aviary exist now and has hopefully acheived Launch control.
Mackstaa
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spanna, if Mackstaa does not want that hen can I please have her? As I have a cinnamon cock that was bred from Silver x Cinnamon. And who only has "oddball" the hermaphrodite for company.
LML
LML
spanna

I was already going to offer her to you when it came time to get rid of all my king quail :lol:

When you're next down let me know and we can arrange a time for you to come and pick up her plus as many others as you want. She has an unrelated split cinnamon cockbird partner (from flap) who is by far the best king quail father I have ever had. I'm not going to let them breed again, but she's been sitting on 2 dud eggs for a couple of months now so I haven't had to intervene :lol: clever lass she is...
BluJay

Dunno
Last edited by BluJay on 10 Mar 2012, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Spanna - sending PM - Love all these quail mutations
LML
LML
Craig52

thehammer wrote:
Quail Dale wrote:The Fawn and Cinnamon mutations are one mutation not two,

Dale
I agree with this- just seems to be colour variations.

The original Cinnamon King Quail mutation was sex-linked.
That is incorrect,they are seperate mutations but the same colour. Fawn is a ressive mutation whilst cinnamin is sex linked ressive mutation and the latter have red eyes in the young in the nest and some retain the red eyes as adults in some birds. Cheers Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True. 2 different mutations that at least to most peoples eyes are the same. But if we look closely, who knows maybe a slight shade difference? And the original Cinnamon/fawns I had were definately not sex linked. Maybe different types turned up on different sides of the country in different orders??
LML
LML
Quail Dale

Hi All, It's been a long time but I have some updates.

The mutation is recessive as I gave a recessive brown male and normal female to a friend and they produced 3 normal/brown female and a silver/brown male. Both parents turned out to be split silver.

I have the 3 female and I gave him the SilverBrown female from one of the first photos I post to pair with the young silver.

crocnshas wrote:
thehammer wrote:
Quail Dale wrote:The Fawn and Cinnamon mutations are one mutation not two,

Dale
I agree with this- just seems to be colour variations.

The original Cinnamon King Quail mutation was sex-linked.
That is incorrect,they are seperate mutations but the same colour. Fawn is a ressive mutation whilst cinnamin is sex linked ressive mutation and the latter have red eyes in the young in the nest and some retain the red eyes as adults in some birds. Cheers Craig
The mutation you are talking about sound like the Fallow mutation and I still stand by my statment that Fawn and Cinnamon are two names for the one colour.

Dale
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spanna that very redish cinnamon/fawn hen and the cinnamon cock I put her with hatched 5 chicks a couple of days ago. 4 doing fine. :thumbup: All look cinnamon, will see if they have mums red when they colour.
LML
LML

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”