Odd gouldians

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Craig52

mackstaa wrote:Bad white breasts, genes are not clean nor precise colours as they should be. Cant explain the orange head with black down the front..
They might look pretty but I wouldnt go anywhere near those birds theres too many funky looking birds in the one cage probably all from tasmania :lolno:
Don't be naughty Mackstaa
iaos

mackstaa wrote:Bad white breasts, genes are not clean nor precise colours as they should be. Cant explain the orange head with black down the front..
They might look pretty but I wouldnt go anywhere near those birds theres too many funky looking birds in the one cage probably all from tasmania :lolno:
The colour on the female Orange head was more or a deep green than black.
mackstaa

Its true, Registered breast colours are Purple, white, lilac not 1/2 this 1/2 that.
Some of the Genetics wizz's here will tell you what is needed to change the breast from purple to white for example.
As for the black/green stomache .. I think you should offer a price Iaos and see how they turn out in the next moult, its the only way we will ever know.
Mackstaa
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm with Mack grab the bird. Hold onto her in a nice safe quarantine situation. When quarantine is up put her to a pure normal. So you know you are not introducing any other factors and see what transpires. And pics pics pics, progress reports etc.
LML
LML
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So did anyone in the area wind up grabbing this bird?
LML
LML
HARVEY123456789

give me details i grab it if no one has
surfartist

I am from Newcastle and have just started this year with three pair of normal gouldians. I would like to get some interesting mutations as well...seems like a few different variations around but I need to meet breeders in the area who breed different mutations. This is my second post and I think I get more access after 5 or so posts

Return to “Mutation Finches”