OB waxbilla breeding tips??

Includes Species Profile
arielbergfinch

I don't know how to upload all the photos in one message:( by the way,it's very very difficult to take photos of the crimson wing,it's a very shy and very fast so i don't have photos of it yet.(I received the male before two weeks)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arielbergfinch

photo of the male whydah at the Winter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Beautiful :thumbup: :clap:
Diane

arielbergfinch wrote:bluebutterfly213,how come your male was mating Successfully with the female with only one leg??? lucky you told me because now I know that it's better to me to save him for myself because it's always good to have another bloodline:)
My ob gets around really well, you wouldnt even know hes disabled. Hes uses all of the aviary, the only thing I never see him doing is hanging off the wire, but them I dont see the hen doing that either. He even manages to balance on steel cups, and hops along the steel square tube frame of the aviary, he hardly ever slips.
When I bought him I didnt realise he only had the one foot for a day or so, and once I knew about it I knew I would keep him as I wouldnt sell him on with only one foot.
I didnt expect him to have any babies but as I already had a female for him and thought I might as well let them have the run of the aviary, and just admire them as lovely birds.
But I guess where there is a will, there is a way!
I certainly didnt expect any babies from him and I know it may be more difficult for this pair to raise them, so if I get more babies Im very happy if not thats no problem, hes having a good life.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
arielbergfinch

bluebutterfly213 wrote:
arielbergfinch wrote:bluebutterfly213,how come your male was mating Successfully with the female with only one leg??? lucky you told me because now I know that it's better to me to save him for myself because it's always good to have another bloodline:)
My ob gets around really well, you wouldnt even know hes disabled. Hes uses all of the aviary, the only thing I never see him doing is hanging off the wire, but them I dont see the hen doing that either. He even manages to balance on steel cups, and hops along the steel square tube frame of the aviary, he hardly ever slips.
When I bought him I didnt realise he only had the one foot for a day or so, and once I knew about it I knew I would keep him as I wouldnt sell him on with only one foot.
I didnt expect him to have any babies but as I already had a female for him and thought I might as well let them have the run of the aviary, and just admire them as lovely birds.
But I guess where there is a will, there is a way!
I certainly didnt expect any babies from him and I know it may be more difficult for this pair to raise them, so if I get more babies Im very happy if not thats no problem, hes having a good life.
thanks a lot :P.
finches247 wrote:Beautiful :thumbup: :clap:
thanks!!

matty meischke, I wrote a really long answer for you a few hours ago,I have no idea how come it's disappeared :( :(

Return to “Orange Breasted Waxbill”