Yellow gouldians - YB vs Aus vs??

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Matt

Natamambo, I don't think it's possible that your bird pictured is both aus and euro yellow. I am yet to see an australian yellow with a complete purple breast. I think it is more likely to be a good clear euro yellow.
natamambo

Matt wrote:Natamambo, I don't think it's possible that your bird pictured is both aus and euro yellow. I am yet to see an australian yellow with a complete purple breast. I think it is more likely to be a good clear euro yellow.
Thanks mate :thumbup: .

What I'd figured and he's a keeper if he breeds well, I'll probably put him with 2 hens this year one YB and one normal to increase the potential blood lines from him.
Misso

natamambo wrote:
Matt wrote:Natamambo, I don't think it's possible that your bird pictured is both aus and euro yellow. I am yet to see an australian yellow with a complete purple breast. I think it is more likely to be a good clear euro yellow.
Thanks mate :thumbup: .

What I'd figured and he's a keeper if he breeds well, I'll probably put him with 2 hens this year one YB and one normal to increase the potential blood lines from him.

how did this all turn out? what did the pairing produce?

misso :)
natamambo

Hi Misso

Nothing :( . Last year his normal hen hatched two clutches but raised neither. This year he didn't breed at all - unless he is the father of the young with a BHWBYB hen who has just gone down in the last few days - in a cane tunnel nest left in the flight for the redbrows after all the boxes were removed at the end of June :? .

However, I know a whole lot more than I did when I bought him. He's a LBYB, hence the very clear back and white neckband. This year I bought him from GaryH the hen which has just gone down but they ignored each other in the breeding cage for 3 months until I gave up and put him in the mixed flight with one other pair that did nothing while in cages. I suspect she's paired with the other cockbird, which means 2 seasons later I still have no young from him.

Return to “Mutation Finches”