My new birdies :)

Includes Species Profile.
Finch_Breeder

Nice zebs :thumbup:
Birds I own/have owned: Budgerigars, **Zebra Finches**, **Star Finches**, Canaries, Diamond doves... Rocky the Galah! & Cocky the Sulphur Crested 'too
-Mike-
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love the dilutes. Time mine had another go at the nests. Controlled breeding makes them managable, but restricts each type to it's turn.
LML
LML
AMCA26

Thats right finchbreeder. I have 5 or so colours but looking at only giving them 1 clutch then onto the next colour and then back to the original colour. ie Creams 1 round, Alumina 1 round then back to Cream again. Will do this in 3 avairies to try something different and to keep numbers down.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I only have 2 avairys where it is pratical to have a pair of Zebs breeding. But nothing is happening. Uncertain if it is because both pairs I have in are 1 of my breeding to a complete outcross, and they don't fancy the total stranger. Or if it is this really dry winter causing the birds in general, and it's not just the Zebs, to worry about the supply of food. Yes i think the weather does influence their breeding, even when we lay on all they need. I find this method of breeding (1 pair to an avairy) best for Zebs, Bengos, and Javas. Controlls the numbers and types you get. The rest of these types live together in a holding avairy.
LML
LML
drizk

Very nice looking birds!
Hoping to find something similar soon! :)
brockssracer

Some very nice birds, and the price seemed really good to me. Id love to be able to find some like that locally

Return to “Zebra”