moult

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:? Oh joy :? The Quarrions , Bourkes , Gouldians and Double bars have all decided to go full on moult . Theres feathers from XXXhole to breakfast time.
The finches have remained composed but the parrots look a right motley crew. Have I mentioned my hayfever? :(
So Im wondering if any one supplements their birds diet at moulting time? And if so why and with what ..... :?:
I know I can expect 2 moults a year from the parrots here but how many would be normal for the finches :?: Cheers
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
flippenheck

I have Gouldians, but they don't seem to be going into the moult as yet? What part of Aust are you in??

Also, I have some young that were born in around July, do you think they will color up this year with the moult?

Andre'
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

none of my birds are showing signs of moulting.
gouldians have just gone back to nesting after a 6 week break.
nun's & rccb's have young in their nests & ruddies fledged 2 yesterday
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
simmot

I have one male gouldian that is moulting. The other male and two hens don't show any signs of going into moult, but they have young (7 hatched) in the nest last week. Some of the young gouldians are finally just starting to colour :D :D (some of these fledged in March this year). Nothing else is looking like moulting at the moment.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In Dubbo NSW here Flippen and going from one weather extreme to another ....yesterday could have easily had the roof coolers on , the day b4 that the heater was on , today gawjus spring day . No wonder the birds are all over the place.
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”