Do parrots understand what they are saying?

findi

I know what you mean, easy to get used to such things. Please keep me posted, you never know what will turn up, Best, Frank
jluna

Do a google search on Alex the African Grey parrot and his psychologist partner Irene Pepperberg. Amazing. He understood the concept of zero, or nothingness, which is an advanced cognitive skill.
findi

jluna wrote:Do a google search on Alex the African Grey parrot and his psychologist partner Irene Pepperberg. Amazing. He understood the concept of zero, or nothingness, which is an advanced cognitive skill.
Yes, work with that bird laid the groundwork for much of what has followed., thanks, Best, Frank
Niki_K

I don't have any parrots, but my friend has an African Grey that prank called her once by ringing like her phone, sarcastically saying hello a couple times, making a farting noise, and then a hanging up sound!

Another friend has an Electus that sits at the window and tells her what the weather is like.
findi

Niki_K wrote:I don't have any parrots, but my friend has an African Grey that prank called her once by ringing like her phone, sarcastically saying hello a couple times, making a farting noise, and then a hanging up sound!

Another friend has an Electus that sits at the window and tells her what the weather is like.

Thank you, very good!

Return to “Parrots”