European Greenfinches in a mixed collection??

For questions about any species that doesn't have it's own area and for general information on foreign birds.
BlackCobra

I would not hesitate throwing them in my mixed collections, yes them & Goldfinches can be wild caught, I got stuck with some that tried to get out the top on my aviaries.
mattymeischke

Mine have been no trouble in a collection including bulbuls, goldies, chaffies, cubans and strawbs. They are sitting presently.

I put a pair of spare Gouldians in there two weeks ago and they have been picked by the Greenies a bit. Nothing serious, but enough to notice.

I wondered if it was the green back on the Goulds or the fact that they were a new introduction that was the problem.
elferoz777 wrote:Anyone know where I can get some green finches in southern syd apart from ace bird colonies? (no offence to them I just dont like travelling that far)
Living Jungle in Ramsgate usually has some (wild-caught).
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They have breed well in my largest aviary mixed in with yellow hammers,red polls,Chaffs,Gold Finch and Zebra Finches

Return to “Non Specific Questions”