'Par Blue' Parrot finches

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Finchy

Great link Diane. I wondered what had happened to that site.

Turns out that the 3 photos posted by garymc are from/on that site, where they are labelled as regular "Seagreens".

There are also some birds labelled "Seagreen Pastel" which look more turquoisey/brighter - so not royal blue but bright turquoise - but their faces are as orange as ever, perhaps even brighter.
garymc

Have to say whilst the photos were posted elsewhere there should be no problems with copyright as the pictures and birds were mine/ours.

The birds themselves in the flesh were definately and significantly bluer than normal seagreens (if there is such a thing) and did have biscuit coloured faces. Also there was dinctinct variation between individual specimens, with some of the birds being much blue in body and paler in face than the ones in the pictures. Its a shame we didn't stand a normal seagreen next to one of these when we took the photos for comparison.

We got rid of the birds almost 10 years ago, and for a while saw a few floating around aviaries and breeders in Perth, but I haven't seen one for many a year now.

From memory I also sent a few across to the late Kevin Thompson formerly of Maitland!

Return to “Mutation Finches”