moving 10 day old stars

Includes Species Profile.
Brooksy

I'm just in the process of moving house and just noticed a well hidden stars nest in main aviary with chicks about 10 days old, I have tried to seperate the aviary pair's in the last couple of weeks who were showing intrest in a very special way towards each other but didn't noticed the stars! I know I should of separated all of them but with the combination of working through till now & moving just didn't get around to it.
Any way I know it might be in vain but is there any way of moving this species young with their parents and survive?
mattymeischke

You can only give it a try, if the young can move around and they are kept warm you might be lucky...
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You would be very very lucky to have them survive IMO, unless your prepared to do the feeding yourself....
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Diane

Any option to leave them as is till they fledge? Kind new person moving into your home, only a couple of weeks, you could write up a little agreement.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
BlackCobra

I would keep nest intact & put in a cabinet with the parents, or if have any bengalese, put them in there nest, theres good chance young birds will feed them.
Brooksy

bluebutterfly213 wrote:Any option to leave them as is till they fledge? Kind new person moving into your home, only a couple of weeks, you could write up a little agreement.
I wish I could but don't like my chances.
I was thinking the same thing BC, not about the bengos as i don't have any but putting the whole nest into the cabinet. Just going to leave it till the last thing to move them.
Will let you know how it goes.
Craig52

brooksy wrote:
bluebutterfly213 wrote:Any option to leave them as is till they fledge? Kind new person moving into your home, only a couple of weeks, you could write up a little agreement.
I wish I could but don't like my chances.
I was thinking the same thing BC, not about the bengos as i don't have any but putting the whole nest into the cabinet. Just going to leave it till the last thing to move them.
Will let you know how it goes.
G'day Nathen,Mate where the hell are you moving to,not far i hope.If you need some help with your birds,just give me a call. Cheers Craig

Oooopps,this was supposed to be a pm :oops:
Brooksy

All good mate thanks for the offer :thumbup: , not far same suburb. Cheers
Brooksy

Well I moved all the birds on Sunday. The stars seemed to be doing ok until today, came home and all four baby's were dead. They were so young, eyes still closed and just starting to get some pins through on their wings. I'll know better next time.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:( :( Better luck next time.You did the best you could do for them. :(

Return to “Star”