Help Please! - Gouldian

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
tmutimer

Hello,

I'm new to this all, so please, I apologise for my ingorance.

I have an avairy, with 2 gouldian, 2 zebra and 2 Java (which have just had babies and are now in flight). And yes, after talking and reading a little this is probably not the best mix.

Everything was fine yesterday...??My black hen gouldian was no where to be seen this afternoon when I went to change their water. ( I have 4 pekin batams, which free range all day and I lock up at night only). They do not seem bothered- all.

I could not find her (gouldian) and when I did, her feathers appeared wet and down one side almost "plucked" and had yellow lesions (like small blisters) on her. She let me pick her up, tried to fly but could not. I have placed her in a safe area with food and water and dusted her with mite/ lice powder.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please? I'm sure there is info on the site, but just new and will need to navigate, but would like a "quick fix" solution if any.

Thank you!

Tammy
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you have a small cage available, then set it up like a hospital cage
a couple of different types can be seen in this link
http://www.aussiefinchforum.net/viewtop ... =40&t=1284
if you dont have a dedicated hospital cage, a budgie cage with a towel over it, with a light placed nearby for extra warmth should do the trick.
make sure the bird has access to food & water, maybe even add some 'spark' to the water (basicly a pick me up for birds)
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't see anything wrong with your mix of birds. I have the same combination plus others, it is more the quantity to space ratio that matters.
Though you will find in time the Zebs out breed everything and will need their own seperate aviary.
Hope your little hen comes good.
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Health”