Lorikeets help

shanny2

I'm at a friends house and got called from mum the lorikeets have a egg I didn't think it would happen 1 is hand tamed from a baby other was injured from down the road and had that one for a few months the hand tamed one for longer maybe a few years I did see them do there little fun on the gate inside we let them free roam everyday from morning till night good birds and they have a nest that there very protective of and go in a lot just wondering any thourghts?

Thanks
Shannon
Going 1 step at a time
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congrats .
My thoughts ....
If you have indeed a breeding pair + fertile eggs then you will be wanting to give them their own space very soon .
Ever seen a overprotective rainbow lorikeet in attack mode ? Not pleasant and very dangerous .

Change the nest material as needed as it can get a bit sloppy , keep up the good tucker , nectar , fruits , veg , madiera cake and blossums and soon youll have little feathered pit bulls free flying the house :thumbup:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
shanny2

There mums like they have there cage and nest box they go in it all the time and fly to it when we go near it which in on the freezer near the second fridge in family room
Going 1 step at a time

Return to “Parrots”