Yellow gouldians

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Suerus

PC080232 comp.jpg
Hi - I have 10 or so young gouldians that I was going to take to Enfield produce to sell but then I remembered this forum! (It has been a few years)
I have only bred and sold normals up until now and was hoping to get some advice re what I should ask for these birds.
I think I will then try and sell through the forum (or gumtree??) and take any leftovers to the pet shop. All the babies are from outside aviaries and are from the same parents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matcho

Suerus,
In regards to Enfield Produce, the owner of the store calls the shots at the price he pays. Give him a call, tell him what you have and he will tell you what he is prepared to pay. It may save you a trip up. I have sold to him over recent years and he pays different prices for different mutations. Can't remember what I got last year but in the past he has preferred pairs where possible. Nice lookers though!

good luck

Ken.
TheFinchMan101

I've had one petstore buy yellows off me like that for $90 a pair and sell them for $180 and had another petstore only ask for $50 a pair and sell for $80. It also depends on the demand and where you live as well because at the moment I've been on Facebook and in various pet stores and I can't seem to sell them at all. I'm not saying you won't be able to sell them but I can say that if you lived closer to me I'd certainly purchase some off you haha they are very beautiful birds. :)
Diane

:thumbup: YH WC YB is a dynamite colour combination in my opinion. Very nice looking birds.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
AMCA26

I agree BB. They are nice looking birds.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
matcho

No way Harry pays anything like those figures of $90 or $50 per pair. I still have difficulty telling cocks and hens in the yellows as they both have clear/white beaks. Saved 2 yellows last year, thought they were cocks because of the white beaks, became two of my best hens. Go figure.

Worst still I have about 10 or 15 this year of that colour, not to mention the 40 or so assorted white breast, normals, pastels and yellow back(dilutes) but have a couple of funny lookers which I dont have a clue what they are.

Ken.
Suerus

Could anyone give a suggestion as to what would be a fair price for these birds in a private sale?
(I know this is subject to lots of different factors but I would like to sell them and have no idea what to charge!)
Sue
Craig52

Suerus wrote:Could anyone give a suggestion as to what would be a fair price for these birds in a private sale?
(I know this is subject to lots of different factors but I would like to sell them and have no idea what to charge!)
Sue
Hi Sue,even though all those cocks are double factors they are worth around $80 each and so are the hens.It's not a good idea to sell them as prs as they are all related unless the buyer is going to split them up to unrelated birds. Cheers Craig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You could put them on the "for sales" here remembering to advise age and relatedness. Some people may want mates for their birds.
LML
LML

Return to “Mutation Finches”