Fawn hecks

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As I hated the subject of genetics in high school and the whole ordeal does my head in , what would the out come of a pair of hecks with the male being normal and the hen being fawn ?
I getting some young from the above mentioned pairing that look normal , so was wondering if they would be male . thanks ..pete
Craig52

G'day Pete,if the hen is fawn (autosomal) then all the young will be splits. Cheers Craig
Pete Sara

thanks Craig

So does that mean that normal looking young can be both male and female ? or all male this is the same as for red face is it not ? hence why I don't like playing with mutations....
Craig52

poitta wrote:thanks Craig

So does that mean that normal looking young can be both male and female ? or all male this is the same as for red face is it not ? hence why I don't like playing with mutations....
Pete,all of the young,M+F will be split for fawn. I don't know what you mean about RF unless you are talking about seagreens as they are sexlinked. Cheers Craig
Pete Sara

yes it was the sea green in red face. I have to much going on here to think straight , thanks Craig...pete
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fawn is recessive, cinnamon is sex linked (in most birds). That is where you probably got confused. Particularly as fawn Zebs insist on being sex linked, and they are the most common finch. :crazy:
LML
LML

Return to “Mutation Finches”