FAWN/PIED DIAMOND SPARROW ......FINALLY DONE IT.

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
wildbill

thanks craig.
yeah the fawn pied hen is again feeding young -pretty busy hen that one. in that particular aviary i only have one pied cock and all the others are normal cocks/fawn and pied plus fawn hens/pied and pied hens.
there are 5 fawn hens/pied and about 6 or 8 other pied hens. then its pied cock/fawns or the normals/fawn and pied.
so this time i'd expect some fawn pied birds. now if it does happen and for how long....that's another story :lol: last one lasted one night!
i'm really running out of room so will have to move some of these. 10 fawns were to freighted this week but another lot of young out yesterday.....too risky to catch them and do in the young.

to think back 3 years i couldn't breed a single diamond - then i found out i had 4 pied cock birds :lol: that's diamonds.
wildbill

out today these pair of nicely marked young pied diamonds

inside the shelter another one just outside the nest tunnel. looks like no front bar at all

finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congrats :thumbup: :clap:
wildbill

finally here 3pm today - first one out but not from the nest i expected - nest mate to the heavy pied above. it's not the best picture. has a white collar around neck and wing tips thats about all i could see. apart from me no-one would be silly enough to photograph a young fawn pied only hours out of the nest.....an early bird too.
but the thrill is in what you get you kicks in and will it go the distance?

peterrebecca

Brilliant congratulations

Peter and Rebecca
wildbill

the above young pied/fawn a few weeks later

one i decided to keep

Craig52

Very nice Graham,won't be long till you get an all white one :thumbup: Craig
wildbill

young pied/fawn from the fawn pied hen

wildbill

well i had good intention to load up a good 10 or 12 photos of young pied diamonds that have come out in the past few weeks but as usual you get in there with a camera and they take off deep into the shelter. anyway here's a few first off the young pied cock/fawn from the fawn pied mating.
while taking the photos more young were being fed in this aviary plus the fawns are back in business after the racket with the aviary rebuild and feeding more young.
few of these birds are sold and ready to go out in the next week or two. so if your after pretty good pied diamonds -like angus and coote used to say -you know where to come lol

one week ago this hen fledged 3 young -light -med-heavy pied.....looks like now back on eggs

young pied on left has been out about 2 weeks. has two other siblings just like him/her

a fair few of these young are virtually minus their black bar but well marked just the same.

Return to “Mutation Finches”