houseing Cuban

Includes Species Profile
NgoDuong

I have heard cubans are aggressive to yellow birds and to each other. However, if I house 1 or 2 male cubans ( No cuban hen) with other yellow birds, do they fight?
Duong Ngo
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never house 2 cock Cubans together in a small aviary as they will fight and maybe fight till one dies.I have them and have been aggressive to yellow stars and Green Singers.Keep them as single pairs as they breed best single pair or they just fight multiple pairs.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have had cocks in the past who were not aggressive to anything accept other cuban cocks. Unfortunately my current cock can't be in the same avairy as orange breasteds.
LML
LML
TomDeGraaff

I seriously agree with finches247. It is not worth the considerable risk of putting two Cuban cocks in the same aviary. Having said that, when younger (and thinking myself wiser), I left young with the parents and thought how clever I was. One cock survived.
Tom
NgoDuong

How about I keep 1 Cock Cuban with other species? I have some green singers and 1 yellow canary in my aviary already. Will that cock Cuban get aggressive even by himself?
Duong Ngo
Craig52

NG,my worst experience with cubans was when i had green singers in with them,imo i still reckon he would have a go at them and the canary.It's the yellow birds that they don't like as they think the're another cock cuban.But in saying that,they also took a dislike to TCPF's especially the hens. Craig
Laurie

Does the size of the aviary influence the cubans behavior? I have a reasonable size (7m x 2.1m) well planted aviary and the cubans and their young seem to all get on OK. I have been advised though not to introduce other cubans.

Return to “Cuban”