Stoked with my new arrival! (My first linnie!)

elferoz777

Thought I would post some pics of this little fellah.

After much research and a bit of luck I procured this fellah today.

He is a green/turq lineolated parrot.

I have a pair of turqs coming later this year and a normal green hen to join this guy arriving in a months time.

I initially opted out of these birds as they were hard to come by in good condition. The more I researched and spoke to people the more I was convinced these birds are the ones I want. I visited some aviaries of breeders and believe I have the right conditions and time available for these guys to give breeding a good shot.

Cant wait!

They are more colourful up close than my crappy S4 camera lets on. He is a little timid but warming up to my hand. He was parent raised so I guess thats a good thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice Linnie :thumbup:
Craig52

That's a funny looking budgie :shifty: only joken,well done hope you breed more. Craig
elferoz777

Craig52 wrote:That's a funny looking budgie :shifty: only joken,well done hope you breed more. Craig

They do remind me of budgies but observing them up close they are worlds apart.

Actually this guy would stand shoulder to shoulder with some of those steroid munching English budgies but without the massive head.

Parrot wise I have done the whole budgie breeding, cockatiels neophemas ect ect thought I would try something harder and worthwhile. I say harder because there are not many of these guys left and of those that are around some are parent raised and others handraised.

Worthwhile because I hope to be lucky enough to have success with these guys and establish a reasonable and varied gene pool. From what I understand these guys are hardy birds but hard to breed from consistently.

If I go back to the above mentioned parrots I would just be doing what everyone else is doing. see how we go, not risk no reward (though I will keep my strain of lutino budgies)
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Myzomela

Good luck with them Elferoz

There are quite a few who have them but not many who breed them successfully.

For one thing they eat a lot for their size.

There are one or two good breeders of these birds on this site so if you are having any problems just sing out.

In the meantime enjoy them!
Research; evaluate;observe;act
VR1Ton

Craig52 wrote:That's a funny looking budgie :shifty: only joken,well done hope you breed more. Craig

They even sound a bit like a Budgie at times
elferoz777

VR1Ton wrote:

They even sound a bit like a Budgie at times

Ill second that. I tempted him out with some greens and the sound uttered were not unlike that of a budgie.

They may have some distant relation for all we know.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adorable.

If you don't mind me asking, how much would one of those set you back?
elferoz777

The average cost for a green cock is 300 and a hen 700.

Mutations can go on into the thousands.

My goal is to establish a decent strain of normal birds.

Hand tame birds are very good pets however I think the breeding efforts need to focus parent raised breeding birds.

Return to “Parrots”