Photinia

List what type of plants you keep in your aviaries/cages
Painted4

Just wondering if Photinias are safe to put into the aviary? As we're pulling one out of the garden, and rather than just chucking it, was thinking of transplanting it into one of the aviaries.
Thanks, Painted4
Craig52

Painted4 wrote:Just wondering if Photinias are safe to put into the aviary? As we're pulling one out of the garden, and rather than just chucking it, was thinking of transplanting it into one of the aviaries.
Thanks, Painted4
I don't even know what a Photinia is P4,you are best to google it and sus it out,is it some sort of protea. Craig
Painted4

Yeah, I googled it and i'm pretty sure it is safe, just wanted to be 100%
I believe its part of the Rose family.
matcho

Painted4,

I just googled Photinia. Suggest you do the same and check out the Wikepedia description. Some info there regarding toxicity. Personally, after reading it I wouldn't put it in but maybe someone else with practical experience might be able to better advise.

Ken.
Painted4

matcho wrote:Painted4,

I just googled Photinia. Suggest you do the same and check out the Wikepedia description. Some info there regarding toxicity. Personally, after reading it I wouldn't put it in but maybe someone else with practical experience might be able to better advise.

Ken.
Might give it a miss, after reading that....me being me, I completely missed the section on toxicity before.

Return to “Types of plants”