Exotic Pheasant Breeds

toothlessjaws

I was recently at the Assiniboine park zoo in Winnipeg and saw these delightful birds in the flesh. What was interesting was their devotion to their chicks, the pair had only on teeeny chick but the were doting on it - feeding it bill-to-bill.

They are quite small and relaxed compared with pheasants. reminded me more of doves in their slow gentle movements. would be a great aviary-mate for finches. not to mention their colours. *sigh*
Diane

toothlessjaws wrote:would be a great aviary-mate for finches. not to mention their colours. *sigh*
:lol: Can you imagine if we could get every bird we ever wanted in an aviary forgetting about import restrictions and compatibility?

This might spark quite a few comments so Ive posted a topic in Finch Lounge.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
TomDeGraaff

Diane wrote:Can you imagine if we could get every bird we ever wanted in an aviary forgetting about import restrictions and compatibility?
Toco toucans, Lady Ross's Touracos with Queen whydahs, violet-eared, Dufresnes's, black-cheeked and fawn-breasted waxbills. Roul rouls on the floor and topnot pigeons for variety!!

:) Tom
GregH

Diane wrote: Can you imagine if we could get every bird we ever wanted in an aviary forgetting about import restrictions and compatibility?
Alas I can't forget - Australian legislation frustrates rather than facilitates import so;
Federal Department of Environment wrote:The penalty for illegal possession under national environment law is gaol of up to five years

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”