Any Idea what i have !!

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Freddy Finchman

Hi all.
I got this hen out of a pair of normal RH/ PB/ GB male and YH/ PC/GB Hen Gouldians, all the other siblings were normal Greenbacks !!
I have not got any AY's in amongst them.
She is about 11 months old now and I'm not sure what to do with her , I want to keep her, but I'm not sure what to do with her breeding wise ??
The photo was taken about 9 months ago and she still looks the same !!
Any advice would be great,

Cheers Freddy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyh

HI freddy,that bird is an aus yellow ,so all young are possible split Ay,and the parents are split Ay,once moulted it will look stunning,you can put it back to its parent,not recommended by me,or put it to a normal,or acquire another ay split,hope this helps,garyh
Freddy Finchman

Thanks Gary for the advice, I moved on my pair of AY's about 2 years ago, Her parents are the only greenback's I have these days !!
I might try and find a normal Male for her, I have plenty of Euro yellow's !!
Yeah she's a nice hen, I'll take some photo's of her after she finishes moulting.
Thanks again.

Cheers Freddy :shock:
Greg41

Hi Freddy, I have got 2 young with the same colouring which relate back to ay's that I once had.
Could it be related to the birds you got from me ?

Cheers Greg. :thumbup:
GDG
Freddy Finchman

Hi Greg,
I'll have a look through my records and get back to you, I don't think so, but I'll check, I might have to buy one off you if you have a male ??
I'll ring you after lunch.

Cheers Freddy. :thumbup:
Mr Tino

Hi Freddy these birds split for Australia yellow and when you breed them they will throw bird like the one in the picture also you will get some normal and some split which will carry a white dot and some wouldn't carry the white dot as a hiddle gene,I just want to question ,did the person you bought them from, did he tell you or did he know anything about them were he got them from ,I hope this will help you ,also what I find is a lot of people don't keep record on them also it could be a good thing or a bad thing for you.

Cheer from Mr Tino :thumbup:
Freddy Finchman

Hi Mr Tino,
I bred the male bird myself and as far as I know the AY gene wasn't there, as for the hen , I bought her as a paired YH/PC/ Gb's , No mention of AY'S.
I have no idea which parent was split, but I wasn't expecting any AY's, I had some AY's a while ago but they had nothing to do with these GB's I have.
I've bred 3 of these birds this year, This is the first one, the second couldn't fly so I gave it away to a bird refuge and the other one died in the winter time when I was in Thailand. With the one pictured is going to a friends aviary where he's knows a bit more than me about breeding and has few AY's and normals.

Cheers Freddy.

Return to “Mutation Finches”