Gouldian release at Mareeba

Includes Species Profile.
Jamie

Whatever happened to the Gouldian release near Mareeba,QLD?

Jamie
SamDavis

I hear that there is some progress on this initiative. The Far North Qld Bird Club (substantially John Griffiths) is heavily involved. I know Kevin Devnie has been a supporter. He will be at my place on Monday evening to finalise his FSA talk for Wednesday night so I'll ask him about it and get back to the forum.
Jamie

SamDavis wrote:I hear that there is some progress on this initiative. The Far North Qld Bird Club (substantially John Griffiths) is heavily involved. I know Kevin Devnie has been a supporter. He will be at my place on Monday evening to finalise his FSA talk for Wednesday night so I'll ask him about it and get back to the forum.
Great, thanks Sam
Jamie
Finchman1

I went to the wet lands there a couple of years ago to my knowledge there have not been many sightings
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Was there last week...told me they are still sighting them and the ones in their avairy were all very quiet and at one end, I commented mine act like that when there is a snake around..couldn't see one though.....but I did spot a flock of about 2 dozen Blackthroats on the way up to the reserve as well as flocks of Chestnuts/Doublebars and Redheads..and in the bottlebrush at the cafe/reception was surprisingly one lone Pictorella?? :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Finchman1

Was there still heaps of cattle in the reserve running around?
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Finchman1 wrote:Was there still heaps of cattle in the reserve running around?
There was cattle..wouldnt say a heap though... very dry, the most cattle we encountered were hanging around the grid at the entrance.. :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Gouldian”