Asking for Breeding season

Includes Species Profile.
Steventrann

Hi all . Im beginner for gouldian and i have start 2 pair in 2 caninet . I put the cabinet near the window and also got sunlight and no one here until late night . so can anyone give me some idea about when i can put nest boxs in and if i put next boxs in how long the pair laid eggs .
Tiaris

Jan/Feb
gouldianpaul

Steventrann wrote:Hi all . Im beginner for gouldian and i have start 2 pair in 2 caninet . I put the cabinet near the window and also got sunlight and no one here until late night . so can anyone give me some idea about when i can put nest boxs in and if i put next boxs in how long the pair laid eggs .
In Melbourne I have found that when I pair up my birds in Feb with the intention of giving them their boxes in March it works for me. When the birds have had eggs/young in February too often I have lost large proportion of the first round due to those high 30's/low 40's days we have. The adults can cope but not the young. The humidity is just way to low at that time of the year in Melbourne.

Cheers
Paul
Steventrann

gouldianpaul wrote:
Steventrann wrote:Hi all . Im beginner for gouldian and i have start 2 pair in 2 caninet . I put the cabinet near the window and also got sunlight and no one here until late night . so can anyone give me some idea about when i can put nest boxs in and if i put next boxs in how long the pair laid eggs .
In Melbourne I have found that when I pair up my birds in Feb with the intention of giving them their boxes in March it works for me. When the birds have had eggs/young in February too often I have lost large proportion of the first round due to those high 30's/low 40's days we have. The adults can cope but not the young. The humidity is just way to low at that time of the year in Melbourne.

Cheers
Paul
Thanks paul . Good idea from u . Im not sure i cant breed them on this season or not cause i put the cage indoor near window i think not too hot over there and the nest box including in cabinet and cant take out but i think i can lock the hole should i do it now? And i just got them from feel weeks but already pairing them not sure they like each other or not . What can i can do for them now ? Thanks

Return to “Gouldian”