Strange ??

Includes Species Profile
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well that was strange...just had a male RFPF hit the floor (while I was watching them doing their daily stuff) rolled over on its back, thought oh no he is gone....after a few seconds he rolled back over, and sat there looking a little stunned, meanwhile a couple of Cordons and his mate are hopping around him....I thought I wont go in see how he goes for a few minutes....10 mins later and he is back flying around...strange..originally I thought a spider or something had stung him but he seems okay? fingers crossed..... :?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
TomDeGraaff

I have had gouldians do this when I stupidly tried to catch them on a hot day. They also recovered but I nearly didn't!!
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't think it was heat...was early am and he was just eating some seeding grasses when he just dropped 4th to the floor :(
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
bjc787

I was in my zebra finch holding cage this afternoon and when I walked in 1 fell to the ground and tried to fly back up but couldn't fly, I looked up and then back down and it was on it's back, I thought it was dead and then about 10 seconds later it rolled over and flew off, it was fine then.
TomDeGraaff

The older books refer to this as apoplexy or fits. They generally state it is due to some form of stress. Not necessarily human-induced.
Tom
crazy cuban

I've had this in one of my Black Rump Double Bars.
From what I can remember it is most often brought on by stress or deficiency in certain vitamins.
CC

Return to “Red Faced Parrot Finch”