good news but bad timing with my linnies

elferoz777

Not sure how many of you are familiar with the lineolated parrot but o decided to give the a go this year against the advice of my parrot keeping colleagues.

Too hard or dont breed well were the common reasons.

I did hear that once you get the set up right and a compatible pair they can breed like budgies.

I offered the pair a box similar to what the hen was raused in. Looks like a giant gouldian box. No interest.

I put on a neophema box similar to what the cock was raised and presto. ..I am on the way to sime young in a few weeks.

The bad thing is ill be away for six weeks and wont be around for the full clutch and sny young if they make it that far.

Im more concerned about the routine they get as I have a pretty strict feeding regime which I believe has got them this far with the eggs.

Wish me luck.

If there is anyone who knows about these little birds feel free to share your wisdom.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
branchez

PM firetail555,David had them for a while.
Jack
bettaman

Hi elferoz777,

I have been searching for a pair of these for a while. Got my first pair recently. Im actually after another pair if you know of anyone who is selling.

I actually came across your video on youtube, lucky you have kept the same username!

Let me know how you go, I actually subscribed to your youtube channel to see how you go.

I have also heard they are difficult to keep and breed. I think there has been a few people in them and couldnt breed enough and were losing birds so got out of them.

Im hoping to have my cage set up when i move house, which will hopefully be in the next month or so.

I have heard that some pairs first couple of clutches can be infertile, but dont give up if thats the case.

If you end up raising some young let me know as im after a pair or any spare hens, you know how hard hens are too get!

All the best!
SamDavis

Progress at least. I hope the eggs are fertile this time.

Cheers,
Sam
elferoz777

Im considering running them in a small aviary 1700 by 1000 by 1800 high.

i was thinking of running them as a colony but have heard they can be aggressive and need to be housed separate. A few breeders confirmed thisbut they saud they use colonies to determine pairs rather than forced pairing. Apparently forced pairing doesnt work fir the most part.

They are the best little bird I have owned (hookbill wise).
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Parrots”