Hand Raising Cut Throats

vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just a heads up...handraising a baby finch is not an easy job....take my hat off to all the finches raising babies...(and I'm only doing one lol) its been 10days now and Charlie the Cut Throat so far is doing really well...fingers crossed he/she keeps it up.....I found 2 on floor of aviary...tossed out...and ants were just starting to come...1 didnt survive but he is...Linda feeds him when I'm at work it is a huge job....plus you cant go anywhere lol...unless you can get back in time for feeding....he will be put back with others of his own kind when weaned... :thumbup: he is bein fed on 1/3 insecta pro mix (veta farm) and 2/3 hand rearing food (Passwells) mixed with hot water till runny...food temp at 36c/38c when feeding....brooder temp 34c with glass of water in it for humidity :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Diane

I would certainly agree with that!
Ive tried a few times when the need has arisen but only succeeded in one instance ending with raising 3 out of the 5 deserted babies. .

Good luck with your baby.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Diane wrote:I would certainly agree with that!
Ive tried a few times when the need has arisen but only succeeded in one instance ending with raising 3 out of the 5 deserted babies. .

Good luck with your baby.
How old were they Dianne when you started? going by this one looks like "Charlie" was around 2/3 day old when found (has pin feather on wings and tail and eyes open now so guessing now around 12/13 day old...wasn't holding much hope when we started... ;-)
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Diane

They would have been about 5 days old. Like any proud parent I took videos!
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=10730&hilit=youtube
Diane
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Diane wrote:They would have been about 5 days old. Like any proud parent I took videos!
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=10730&hilit=youtube
Well Done :thumbup: :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wont be long and he/she will be flying.... :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane

Cute, looks just like a hand fed baby! Congratulations on getting him/her through the tough times.
Diane
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like you and the Mrs are doing a great job of being finchy parents VP. Congratulations.
LML
LML
Spitfire

Congratulations, as I know how time consuming it is to hand feed a finch.
But looking at the picture, are you sure thats a Cuttroath, looks a little dark to me ??
Maybe its the photo.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spitfire wrote:Congratulations, as I know how time consuming it is to hand feed a finch.
But looking at the picture, are you sure thats a Cuttroath, looks a little dark to me ??
Maybe its the photo.
Probably the picture....only manikin species in that aviary, rest are TCPF, Stars, RC Cordons, Strawberry, Goulds, Painted, Lizard Canary....dosen't look like any of those to my knowledge..... :thumbup:

Return to “Cut Throat Finch”