who said gouldians are delicate?

Includes Species Profile.
Craig52

Please stick to the topic guys.
Craig

Admin
werty

finchbreeder wrote:That cock in the last picture is a single factor EY. The visually green cock that is carrying a yellow gene that I was refering to.
LML
So it is possible that the single factor EY could be the father to the blues?

I paid $100 for him, the breeder I purchased him from was telling me I should buy him if I want to produce mutations

I didn't really listen to him, I only purchased him because he looked good and was chasing females like a lunatic, he likes all the girls and a brilliant breeder
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Possible, depending on the hen. Do you know which hen/s he is getting together with?
LML
LML
garyh

Both birds have to be split to blue ,to produce blues and silvers,it would be important to know which hen threw the young colored birds,garyh
werty

garyh wrote:Both birds have to be split to blue ,to produce blues and silvers,it would be important to know which hen threw the young colored birds,garyh
If only a split can produce blue, that makes the hen a split

Breeding them in a colony there is no way I'll be able to control the genetics in my flock

I'll let them choose their own partners, I have no interest in controlling them

Im only interested in breeding healthy birds

What ever colours come out doesn't matter

Who knows maybe I'll produce a new mutation

Back on topic my last nest of 6 champs is going strong

Freezing cold nights, nonsense, they are thriving
Blue Cuban

werty wrote:
garyh wrote:Both birds have to be split to blue ,to produce blues and silvers,it would be important to know which hen threw the young colored birds,garyh
If only a split can produce blue, that makes the hen a split

Breeding them in a colony there is no way I'll be able to control the genetics in my flock

I'll let them choose their own partners, I have no interest in controlling them

Im only interested in breeding healthy birds

What ever colours come out doesn't matter

Who knows maybe I'll produce a new mutation

Back on topic my last nest of 6 champs is going strong

Freezing cold nights, nonsense, they are thriving
Well done Werty we look forward to seeing plenty more silvers and blues from you. :thumbup:

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
matcho

I am with you Werty, love the birds but don't have the luxury of segregated pair only breeding. Love the look of a mixed aviary. I do my best to ring the chicks but have seen no way where the progeny is the product of the nominated pair who own the nest box. My chicks are all healthy and strong. Even got to a stage where had Stars sitting, feeding and rearing goulds, so how in the hell can I tell who the parents are?

Keep going, enjoy.

Ken.
werty

matcho wrote:I am with you Werty, love the birds but don't have the luxury of segregated pair only breeding. Love the look of a mixed aviary. I do my best to ring the chicks but have seen no way where the progeny is the product of the nominated pair who own the nest box. My chicks are all healthy and strong. Even got to a stage where had Stars sitting, feeding and rearing goulds, so how in the hell can I tell who the parents are?

Keep going, enjoy.

Ken.
Spot on mate

Did the cabinet breeding 20 yrs ago, boring as hell

Colony breeding for me only, it's closer to natures way
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I walk the line. Some in a colony, but select a pair in each of two avairys seperated from other Gouldians. All avairys have mixed finches.
LML
LML

Return to “Gouldian”