Dilute Blue Gouldian - Nodules?

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
matcho

Sorry about that, but is seems to always be the way.

Maybe next time. Good luck.

Could be a first nester?

Ken.
surfartist

bad luck Rich. Hope they do better next round
Blue Cuban

Here we go again, returned from work to discover I have another blue hatch from a recessive dilute cock and split (dilute) hen.
Weather is looking good and now that I have this pair in a big breeding cage alone I hope to have better results than last time.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
garyh

Hope you have better luck this time around,i know there are plenty of breeders trying to breed this bird,hard being all recessive birds,good luck ,garyh
Blue Cuban

garyh wrote:Hope you have better luck this time around,i know there are plenty of breeders trying to breed this bird,hard being all recessive birds,good luck ,garyh
Thanks Gary,
My main focus is the dilutes but if a dilute blue wants to pop up in my aviary I'll always welcome it.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
Blue Cuban

Oh well better luck next time..... :cry:
On the 5th day this young blue (possible dilute blue) was found dead.
I have attached the below pictures to ask peoples opinions of what may have been the cause of death, not the easies thing to ask I realise this.
I feel that this bird may have sustained a neck injury and the condition of the abdomen is secondary to the neck, what's your thoughts?
IMG_9814.JPG
IMG_9817.JPG
The next picture I find very peculiar due to how white the leg/foot is verses the plum coloured toenails. Even when this bird was alive it was a frosty white and not the usual pinky/blue hue that normal blues are.
IMG_9819.JPG
PS I don't like posting pictures of dead birds but if the above bird is (or was going to be) a dilute blue any information on this mutation is a benefit to all, there is very little out there regarding this bird.

Rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobby finch Keeper
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No help sorry, just an observation or two. Pied birds regulatly have white toes or feet, so maybe dilute blues do too? The bird looks fine, not dehydrated or starving, mystery to me. Hope things improve.
LML
LML

Return to “Mutation Finches”