Zebra Finches Wycliffe Wells NT 015 Video

Includes Species Profile.
$bill

just pulled into this roadside rest area after coming out of the open speed limit near Wycliffe wells :alien: county NT in my mx5 TURBO - need I say more :whoa: when I noticed 2 huge flocks of zebra finches either side of the rest area.
pretty windy conditions so just a quick video as on full zoom very hard to keep it still. I think that's was the worst part of the trip windy conditions -day after day. but prior to leaving I did leave them a 2 litre container of clean water to have a drink on me.
later when I find it I have a much longer video shot on another flock of zebras at another roadside stop near tenant creek nt.
after leaving alive springs I did see quite a few flocks of zebra finches flying across the road -some lucky some not so. but overall I'd say they are pretty safe and I'd think they are out there flying about in there many thousands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5mfhh ... detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipKj7fY ... detailpage
$bill

photo 1 first zebra finches encountered on the trip. small flock at a roadside rest area on the way to Uluru nt. look closely -centre one appears to be a fawn cock. only got the one photo so that's it.

photo 2 very large flock of zebra finches at a roadside rest area half way along the open speed limit section from alice springs to wycliffe wells nt. just at this stop alone I'd say a good 200 plus birds in total -3 flocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiaris

Thanks for the pics, but I can't spot the fawn. I must be getting old.
Craig52

Tiaris wrote:Thanks for the pics, but I can't spot the fawn. I must be getting old.
Think he is talking about the one in middle of the tree shot, does look fawny. Craig
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Zoomed in on both...and each bird in middle just looks a lighter grey to me....but that could be the camera.. :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
$bill

looking again at my 5mp shot it certainly appears fawn. but if some-one throws me an email -better eye could confirm

Return to “Zebra”