You can now upload larger photos.

Latest news from the AFF team.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the site is running on newer software and faster web hosting, I've improved how the forum handles image uploads.

With these improvements, we can increase the allowed size of photo uploads without reducing the loading speed of the forum.

You can now upload any photo below 440kb in filesize and they will be automatically scaled down to the newly allowed size of 800x600. This means that the photos shared on the forum will be bigger and of much higher quality than before.

Finally, for those using small screens, photos will be automatically shrunk down and optimized for your device so you get the best experience regardless of how you view the forum.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice one Shane :thumbup: :clap:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

IMG_0066.jpg
Not a great pic but this is fantastic Shane, thanks for your background work. Looks like a pic topic coming up with pics everyone can see in great detail. Craig :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
casehulsebosch

Now just a "drag and drop" for the pics and the AFF is really up to speed.

cheers, Case
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

casehulsebosch wrote:Now just a "drag and drop" for the pics and the AFF is really up to speed.

cheers, Case
You can already do that. Give it a go! :lol:
casehulsebosch

Thanks Shane,

tried it but did not work.
initial information as that image was too large so i resized it to 800 x 600.

tried to drag it again into the field but nada, nothing, nrien du tout, nothink. Am I doing something wrong?

cheers, case
casehulsebosch

Another go.

New Zealand Falcon.
IMG_3779.jpg
cheers, Case
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice pic and nice bird. But tell it to stay in NZ and away from my birds. Is it rung because it is part of a Raptor group, or for recording by bird Biologists?
LML
LML
casehulsebosch

Question for Shane.

I have now mastered the drag and drop here on the Aussie Finch Forum.
It still differs from many other forums I am on in that i still have to reduce my pics first. The images my camera spits out are at 4.4 mb and the current set up here does not accept images this size.

Is it not possible to drag and drop a pic directly into the subject post? currently it still appears as an attachment that I have to "place inline" before it can be seen.

just wondering.

Apart from this minor detail I say Thumbs up! great improvement for placing pics. Hope to place many more.

regards, Case, Tauranga NZ
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The images my camera spits out are at 4.4 mb and the current set up here does not accept images this size.
I'm looking at ways to apply better compression to image uploads so that this size limit doesn't need to be enforced. Currently there's nothing really available and I don't have the 100+ spare hours to do something from scratch, so the current setup will have to do.

The actual filesize limit is 512KiB.

Regarding the drag-and-drop uploading, the necessity to 'Place Inline' after uploading is another oddity in the software that may or may not be addressed by its developers in the future. Not much I can really do about it, unfortunately.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”