Goldfinch mule training

Includes Species Profile
Greig

Hi all
I breed goldfinch mules. I have a goldfinch training cd just not sure how to play it while im at work. It should play 4 times throughout daylight hours. I have a cd player but it wont work on a timer. Does anyone have any ideas that would help please.
Greig
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can you put it on an old fashioned tape? Play the CD before you go to work and when you get home and have the tape play the training song at the beginning, then nice calming music in the middle, then the training song at the end? Might not quite make exactly what you need but should be closer than what just playing it once off the CD would.
LML
LML
george gaoutsos

Greig dont worry about the cdplayer.If you have a good gold finch singer put the cage next to each other but back to back so they wont see each other.Thats the best training for the goldfinch mules,especially when you are not at home to play the cd.
George
Greig

Thanks everyone for replying. I have about 20 male mules that used to sing nice. Then last season i bought a pair of mosaic canaries to breed. The male canary sang all day. Now alot of the mules sing a bit more like a canary. I wish i never got the male canary. I gave the canary to my dad. I am just trying to improve there song.
elferoz777

Im more impressed with your mule output.

What method do you use? Or do you just pair em?
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Greig

Some of them are from last seasons. I just pair them up all year round. I have 4-5 pairs. Best i have done is 20 for the season. I have one pair there i get 10 babies a year. I only got four this year. 2 are sitting on eggs at the moment. I went to tassie for 2 weeks so kind of stuffed up this year for breeding.
Jimmybaks

Anyone know any hobby breeders for goldfinches in Sydney?
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Try advertising in the wanted section.
LML

Return to “Goldfinch”