Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
garyh

YAHOO,i hope they except the recommendations and we can move on quickly,great effort Sam,thanks for keeping us informed,the Asa should take a leaf out of your book,garyh
SamDavis

The Victorian Bird Sale saga continues...
Canary & Cage Bird Federation of Australia Inc. along with representatives of bird clubs throughout Victoria meet at Parliament House and with the Minister tomorrow (Mon 16/1/17) at 2pm. We have concerns that this will be an attempt at "tick the box consultation", but we'll be well prepared!
I'll post a summary of the meeting later this week.
#amendthebill #birdclubs4birdwelfare
SamDavis

Here's the followup/summary of Monday 16/1/2017 meeting...
summary.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
E Orix

We still live in hope thanks Sam and others for the effort being put into this saga.
Craig52

Totally agree with E Orix, live in hope or an outright demonstration or disobedience. :x we do live in a democracy don't we. Sorry but this has gone on too long with dictators put there by the majority of public voters in Victoria to do the right thing by them.
arthur

Big :thumbup: to Sam & Co

And completely agree with Craig

From what I see on the TV . . (so it must be true) . . the Victorian "authorities" have a lot more to worry about than a few bird breeders selling a few birds

What is it about these 'pharisees' that makes them bully the law-abiding little blokes and leave the real criminals untouched?

Today Victoria . . Tomorrow the World . .

Well . . maybe Queensland :silent: :wave:
Last edited by arthur on 18 Jan 2017, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
branchez

While this subject has most peoples attention I would like to inform you that Geelong
will not be holding a bird sale this year.The club is going through some changes and we will
look at having a sale in 2018.I must stress that the ban on selling foreign birds has nothing
to do with the cancellation.
Jack
mr skeeter

has anybody got information regarding the bird sale laws. the meeting was held with government ministers on the 16 of feb or are we still left wondering if we will ever get a decision. cheers
Craig52

mr skeeter wrote:has anybody got information regarding the bird sale laws. the meeting was held with government ministers on the 16 of feb or are we still left wondering if we will ever get a decision. cheers
I'm led to believe that the decision will be made at the end of this month and bird sales after that date will be allowed to sell or not sell foreign birds depending on the out come. :irked: Craig
Mr Tino

Has any one heard what is happen about birds sales in Melbourne and what decision they came back with yet,it will be nice to let us know where we stand in the future with our foreign birds . :crazy:

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”