Worming and use of Moxidectin

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Rojoberry

Hi All after some advice I have just start a course of Moxidectin with my Gouldians and will give a follow up dose in a weeks time. The question I still have is can I worm the birds before or after this course?
Or will this be dangerous to the birds (the birds are not showing any signs of problems from what I have read and learnt most seem to have a regime in place)

I'm interested on peoples thoughts.
MuzzaD

I would leave the follow up for 2weeks this gives time for the eggs to hatch but the worms are not mature enough to re-lay.
I drench ( worm) when I take the young from the aviary to the holding aviary and then yearly before breeding season but it varies with your situation and aviary set up. I have very few if any wild birds landing on the aviaries so contamination would generally come from within.
Also I follow the advice of Marcus Pollard on his Clifton Aviaries site. Excellent reading.
One difference. I catch the birds and put a drop of the Moxidectin on the back of the neck of small finches and 2 drops on larger finches. It ensures each bird gets their dose. I am not positive all birds drink when it is the water.
My fortnight follow up is Equimax and do put that it the drinkers as it seems more palatable.
Rojoberry

Does the Moxidectin do worming and air sac mite?
If so I was going to use a seperate worming vetafarm wormout gel.
bazwang

I have Moxidectin Plus from APC, it treats both ASM and most worms, not sure about Cocci may need a separate dedicated wormer for that

Bryan
Diamonds/fawn painteds/red face red winged pytilia
gomer

I would not be using moxi and that dreadful wormout gel in the same two week period. If you already have worm out use it at the two week time frame to break the cycle, or after a few weeks when the weather right for worming give them another hit with moxi. Yes moxi worms both internal and external parasites excluding tape worm you need moxi plus for that. Also feather mites are a different kettle of fish. Cocci is not a worm either Coccidiosis is a parasitic disease.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Craig52

bazwang wrote:I have Moxidectin Plus from APC, it treats both ASM and most worms, not sure about Cocci may need a separate dedicated wormer for that

Bryan
Coccidia is a protozoan viral disease, moxidectin will not treat it. Baycox and other brands is the drug specific for coccidia. Both of these drugs can be purchased here in Merchandise, probably a lot cheaper than APC. Cheers Craig
eddierobinson

I only have a small collection of Stars and Mutated Gouldians but need some Moxidectin.
Where is the best place to get it from and roughly how much?
Thanks in advance
Eddie :thumbup:
gomer

eddierobinson wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 21:15 I only have a small collection of Stars and Mutated Gouldians but need some Moxidectin.
Where is the best place to get it from and roughly how much?
Thanks in advance
Eddie :thumbup:
Either buy it form here for $20 for 250ml if you wish to support the forum or buy it from Australian pigeon company. It used to be around the $30 mark for 125 ml pm gomer if you wish to purchase it here.
eddierobinson

Great & happy to support the forum, is there a BSB & Account for a bank transfer or address for me to send money to?
gomer

eddierobinson wrote: 13 Apr 2017, 21:08 Great & happy to support the forum, is there a BSB & Account for a bank transfer or address for me to send money to?
Bsb and account

orders are by pm

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”