Things Gone Quiet?!?!?

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
arthur

Gee . .

Things have gone quiet . . :silent:

Anybody out there with something controversial, to liven the place up a bit . .

Might have to post a 'naughty' bird joke :o
Craig52

Yes Arthur, we are now battling with many Face book pages dedicated to finches and other bird species. AFF being what it is, is quite formal compared to Face book where anyone can post and say what they like even off topic.
The only real benefit of AFF is that all our posts on any subject can and is archived where FB is once posted and it's gone. AFF is a bit behind the times as far as posting pics and videos which is a backward step compared to FB but we can post larger pics.
AFF is being used to sell our merchandise through FB but only by registered members but can buy for non members through members, but this happens at bird sales anyway
Due to not being able sell our merchandise this year at most bird sales has been a disadvantage but to be honest a lot of merch has gone out through Aus Post through FB
Our membership is still growing and it can be seen by the tally and who's on line but i think they are reading more than posting on anything hence the archives.
Winter is always low on participation and has been since i've been a member. Participation usually goes up from now with the coming breeding season.
Anyway, if you or any member thinks we could do something better or have any idea's on how we can have more participation other than a News letter then please let us know.

Regards Craig
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe monitor aff Facebook page more often. ..like posting some of the tagged topics on here if there is anyone capable or has free time??? Like Craig says all the finch sites just in Australia is huge...and younger people more inclined to go that way imo :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe we just make our own social network :problem:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ShaneGowland wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:52 Maybe we just make our own social network :problem:
We have a Facebook page. .no one on it...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Facebook, is that when my face is in a book? :silent: Give me a forum anyday. :thumbup:
LML
LML
Craig52

vettepilot_6 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:19
ShaneGowland wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:52 Maybe we just make our own social network :problem:
We have a Facebook page. .no one on it...
Dave can you tell me how i can access that as i didn't know that. I know all major finch clubs now have a FB site added to their personal Website now, that is used mainly for discussion. But in my opinion it would kill off our Website (AFF) because we are already using it for discussion but in a much more formal organised way.

Cheers Craig
arthur

I'm with FB . .

Silly Old B's like me take half a day to post anything other than 'word-posts'
elferoz777

Fb is better in the sense if i wanna quickly snap a photo and upload i can.

Here i have to mess around resizing.

Info wise i find aff better. Fb has too many d heads. D heads dont survive long here.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
arthur

arthur wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 13:17 I'm with FB . .

Silly Old B's like me take half a day to post anything other than 'word-posts'

Might have to rephrase . .

I meant to say that I'm with Finch-Breeder (FB) . .

NOT Face-Book (FB) . . :lol: :crazy: :lol:

Return to “The Lounge”